THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day...and a brag!

I have to brag on Miguelito today! We have been taking Mommy and Me swim classes once a week at Emler Swim School since he was 7 months old. It is a fun class with lots of singing and playing while working on skills to become independent and safe in the water.

Onto the brag...each class Miguelito gets to hang out on barbell floaties while I try to get he to float/balance without much help. Today, Miguelito decided to stick his face in the water and blow bubbles! It was adorable and amazing to see him start putting together all the skills we have been working on for so long. Way to go, Miguel!

I have not been able to get any photos of him in swim class since I am alone with him, so a photo of him playing in the pool at the Marriott's Beach Club in St Kitts in Dec 2007 will have to do. He was in love love love with the water fountain in the pool!

Happy Valentine's Day! Miguel and I decided we are going to start a new family tradition and celebrate Valentine's Day at home with Miguelito from this year on. I am going to break out the fine china, cook a delicious meal and serve it by candlelight...it will be our Romantic Family Valentine's Dinner Date.

Well, this year there was no fine china or candlelight, but I did manage to cook dinner and a dessert before Miguelito decided he was done. done. done. Oh, well...there is always next year!

Miguel and I exchanged cards, and gave Miguelito his card and Valentine's book. Nonnie (my maternal grandmother) sent Miguel a card and an adorable dog that shakes and wiggles his ears and asks for a hug. Miguelito was not quite sure what to think of the dog at first, but now they are best buds. Of course, Miguelito was not into posing for a photo, so this is the best of the bunch I took.

Checking out the doggie

0 comments: