THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Baby Wood v2.0 8w update

Let me explain...if you don't speak computer-ese, then Baby Wood v2.0 doesn't make sense to you. Baby Wood version 2.0 is what it means. Get it now?!?! I am a computer geek wannabe who lives with the uber geek of computers, so, of course, we think the moniker Baby Wood v2.0 is adorably cute. ;)

We had our first OB appointment with Dr. Tara Dullye on Friday, 14 March. Miguel and I were beyond excited, but also a little nervous. I was in desparate need of re-assurance that the little one was growing and doing just fine. We met with Dr. Dullye, who we simply adore, in her office before going to the exam room. We went over the basics, but since we just did all this 14 months ago, we did not have many questions and we ended up chatting about babies (she has 4 children) and life. Plus she told us she will more than likely be in Disney World for my due date, 21 October. I am pretty dead set on having Dr Dullye at the birth, so we might consider an induction if things look favorable. Who knows what will happen between now and then, so we will wait until much closer to decide what to do.

After chatting for a bit, we went to the exam room for an ultrasound and the usual stuff. The ultrasound was amazing. The sac looks great, the little bean was floating around with a fast beating heart (165 bpm) and measured right on. Miguel and I just stared at the screen in awe! Dr Dullye is pretty amazing...she sees pregnant woman all day every day and she was genuinely excited to see our little one on ultrasound and just kept saying...isn't he/she so cute!

After the ultrasound and exam, we headed to the lab so I could give my donation of 5 tubes of blood.

Our next appointment is at 12w when we will do another ultrasound for genetic screening and listen for heart tones via doppler.

I do have two ultrasound photos to post, but for some reason (not operator, I am positive) I can't get the drivers for the scanner to upload to my laptop, so it will have to wait for now.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations!! Hope you have a happy, healthy, and smooth pregnancy.

Dawn Endres said...

Congraulations!

Hope You Have A Wonderful Pregnancy.