THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

The Joy of Feeding Miguelito

Miguelito has been a challenge to feed since we embarked on the whole solid food journey beginning when he was around 6 months old. He is a boob man and is still a boob man although his days are numbered much to his chagrin.

I am always trying to come up with new and interesting things for Miguel to eat. He is difficult to please, though. He prefers to dine, so mealtimes at our house take anywhere from 45mins to an hour. He gets that from Nonnie because she likes to dine as well. What he loves one day is what he really hates the next, so that is always fun for Mommy. Meals tend to have a wide variety of offerings since he likes 5-10 bites of one thing and then is ready for the next item on the menu.

You must take care in not putting too much on his tray because it will end up on the floor no matter how hungry he is. For fun, he likes to throw his sippy cup at Mommy. Oh, my son, my son.

Today I decided to make Cornbread Taco Mini Muffins. He really likes anything he can eat independently and he prefers if you give him the whole piece of whatever it is he is eating, so mini muffins are a great solution.

One of my Mommy friends makes something similar for her children, so I thought what the heck let's see if Miguelito likes it.

I took one box of Jiffy Cornbread Muffin mix, 1 egg, 1/3 cup of organic whole milk, about 1/2 pound of ground meat browned with taco seasoning, and 2 handfuls of shredded sharp cheese. Mixed it together then put by teaspoonfuls into a mini muffin pan. Baked at 375 for about 15-18 minutes. Made 24 mini muffins, but Miguelito insisted on having one fresh from the oven! It was a winner....he loved it! Score one for Mommy!

DSCN2317

3 comments:

Weintribe said...

Yum!

I used to make Sam muffins with diced ham and shredded cheese. It was love at first bite!

Also-as far as the nursing while pg...she nursed until 20 months, when I was coincidentally 20 weeks preggo. Weaning her was SUPER easy (I don't think I had anything left at that point, LOL).

I have a friend to refer to you...just did her newborn pics and she has a bunch of really great nursing questions...look for an email soon :)

and CONGRATS on the V2.0!

ps) all of those blurry pics of Miguel-in-motion are scaring me.

;)

Diva Mamma said...

I'll have to make these for Ellie. Thanks for sharing...she's going to love them!

I tell you what....you have one cute little man! We'll have to get together for a playdate. Ellie would love to finger paint!

Hope you're feeling well!

Dawn Endres said...

mmm! Those look yummy! I'm glad he liked it! Yay!